Just like syncing subtitles, VLC media player is also great for fixing audio that is not synced. Sometimes, while playing video files, you hear the sound before the actual time or you hear spoken words only after the lips move. This means that the audio is not in sync and you will have to fix the audio delay. This removes the fun of watching a movie if it happens continuously.
Sometimes, the sound syncing is automatically fixed after a few moments. There are times it never gets fixed on its own. Sounds are generally off by only a few milliseconds but at times, they are even off by a few seconds or so. It can be irritating. This tutorial teaches you how you will be able to fix such sound syncing problems using VLC Media Player. The steps are easy and quick. Once you learn the shortcut keys, you will be fixing audio syncing errors like a pro.
To sync audio in VLC Media Player:
- Make sure that your video is playing and the audio syncing is incorrect.
- If your audio requires to be slowed down then hit the ‘K‘ hotkey from your keyboard. For the opposite of this hit the ‘J‘ hotkey on your keyboard. For Mac, the shortcut keys are ‘G‘ and ‘F‘. Confirmation is displayed on the top-right area of the player’s screen. It fades away quickly.
- Pressing the hotkeys once will speed up or slow down the audio by 50 milliseconds. If you continue to press it, the number of milliseconds will continuously be incremented.
- Speed up or slow down the sound timing of the video until you reach the desired state. Make sure that the video is playing and listen to the sound carefully and match it with the video to do this.
In VLC for Android
For the complete details: Syncing Sound by Adjusting Audio Delay in VLC for Android
If you are a user of Android’s VLC player then, you will have to access the on-screen interface to fix the Audio delay. Here are the steps:
- Tap on the screen when a video is open
- Press on the second button from the interface controls
- Tap on the Audio Delay
- The plus and minus button will help us to synchronize the audio
To save or unsave the audio delay for this particular video while watching it the next time, you’d have to go to tap on ☰ Menu > Settings. Then click on Video under Extra Settings. There check or uncheck the Save audio delay option. It works for individual videos.