It is a really welcoming news to find out that VLC media player is available for Android devices. You can easily get and install VLC media player app from the Play Store. The official app is titled VLC for Android and is developed by Videolabs. It is available as a free download for all Android devices. Users can play almost all multimedia or video and audio files with this player. It can also stream from the network and play DVD ISOs.
This video player is also a full featured audio player. All the features of a music player like audio database, equalizers and filters for it are there. Moreover, this powerful video and audio player is completely advertisement free. There are other Android audio/video players like MX player but it is supported by ads. If you are interested, you can search for the app at the Play Store for Android and install it.
To install VLC media player on your Android phone, tablet or phablet follow these steps:
- Open the Play Store app in your Android device.
- Search for “VLC Media Player” or just click on this link to reach VLC Media Player at the Play Store.
- Tap on install and the installation process begins. Once the required file is downloaded to your device, it is installed automatically.
- You will find the “Cone” icon of VLC media player in your home screen (if it was automatically placed there by your launcher). The icon will also be in your app drawer with the name “VLC”.
- Click on the cone in your Android phone/tablet and VLC Media Player will launch.
Note: You can also open media files directly with this player. For that tap on a media file and choose the app VLC Media Player to open the file.
Enjoy the great features that includes playing every type of video and audio formats, playlists to better organize your multimedia content, easy video/audio navigation with touch/swipe/slide controls for changing brightness, seeking and volume controls. There are even ways to browse through individual directories to locate multimedia files exclusively and you will definitely enjoy online video streams in this standalone player.